It was my pleasure to chair the Altus consulting RegTech is eating the world event on the 20th February 2018 at Level 39 in Canary Wharf, London.
Much is written about RegTech impact into Banking and financial services, it was therefore nice to see some difference faces from Altus’ customer base in the room.
Companies like Aviva, Direct Line Group, Esure, Experian, HSBC, Investec and more were in a packed room of 200 people.
Altus Consulting is a specialist provider of consultancy services to the Financial Services sector founded in 2005.
Altus used their experience of the investment domain to map business capabilities to specific regulation, then exploring how regulatory change can be mapped into 5 phases (see above)
Here are some of my wrap up comments from the day
- The FS industry is still suffering from regulatory change fatigue
- Technology can help, but it not a panacea
- Interpretation of regulation still relies on knowledgable SME’s
- UK is a leader in RegTech supported by a supportive regulator looking at machine executable regulation (MDMER)
- Alongside machine based regulatory supervision (such as Blockchain based mortgage reporting) it leads to the question
- Will we be able to “inject rules into the system”
This is the first in RegTech associates focus on the buy side of the industry. Sign up to the community to make sure you don’t miss the follow ups.